Thursday, February 10, 2011

Yup! It's February.

Hello mounds and mounds of white fluffy stuff.


The playhouse is buried (you should see the roof)
**All photos courtesy X.S.**


We had sad news yesterday. I man at our church passed away very unexpectedly. It's times like these that I am reminded just how much I consider my church family a real family. For some reason God keeps showing that to me over and over lately.
I honestly do care deeply about every single member of our congregation.
I don't know if it's just this church, or the part of the country we live in, or if people feel this way and just don't talk about it. But I do think feeling close to 150+ people is rare.
This man was actually a founding member of our church, which is kind of amazing in itself.
And he will most definitely be missed, but by no means can I begrudge him his early place in paradise.
See you soon Uncle Tom!

2 comments:

Carol said...

I feel the same way about CBC and I moved away over 7 years ago. You have a very unique family (church). Believe me I have gone to many churches over our Army career. I come back a few times a year and i feel the love of God everywhere within the church body. It is like I have never left and consider it a blessing every visit. Sorry to be so verbose.
O'yes the snow pics are awsome!

Madre said...

Hi Korleen - There really are not words for the "feeling" of being a part of CBC. I was overwhelmed with emotions of love (as well as sadness for Tom's death).
As Jim and I left the funeral, I knew that there would never be another place with as much shared history as CBC, as well as another place filled with such loving, good people.