Thursday, July 28, 2011
Monday, July 25, 2011
So my evening?
Return from a great night of VBS.
Leia finds a bat upstairs. I am terrified of bats. After 45 minutes of sniveling and acting very un-manly in front of my wife I charge and dispatch said bat with one blow. Bash my knee to the point I can't bend it now in my again very un-manly retreat because of the aforementioned fear of bats.
30 minutes of convincing my children that is safe to sleep in their own beds.
Now Gaius woke up so worked up over the bat that he just deposited to contents of his spaghetti dinner on the floor.
I love being a dad. What would I do with my evenings other wise?
Friday, July 22, 2011
Friday, July 15, 2011
Thursday, July 14, 2011
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Things I'm still getting used to:
- Tall ceilings. Reaching things without a stool has been a normal part of life for well 10 years, not anymore.
- A zillion stairs. I never understood why people wanted an upstairs and downstairs changing table. However, after hauling my 20# baby Sho up and down the stairs several times a day I now understand. It's a workout!
- Having neighbors. So far I've met the man who lives straight across from us and his landlady who lives next door to him. Both are very nice. But on our first night here a neighbor had a party which ended in a huge fight and the police coming. :-/
- Not being able to hear every little thing that is going on in the house. Which is both a blessing and a curse. A blessing because now my night-shift working husband can get some uninterrupted sleep. A curse because now I can't just yell to my kids I actually have to go and get them to talk to them.
- That this big beautiful house is really ours!
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
- Shoshannah started full out crawling(not just army crawling), which made unpacking rather difficult.
- Paul turned 5, which made him so happy because "now he's older than Gaius." Competitive much? :-)
- Marc and I had our 10 year anniversary. Which we spent unpacking boxes. Our new house was a pretty large and grand Anniversary present, don't you think?!
Monday, July 11, 2011
Friday, July 8, 2011
Sunday, July 3, 2011
- Posts will probably be non-existent for a bit. No internet for an undetermined amount of time. But I do have a couple ideas in the works.
- I hate moving!!!
- I love my new house!!!!
- At this moment most of our furniture is in our front yard waiting to be loaded.
- I'm exhausted!