Monday, November 1, 2010

I've been wanting to gush about the new house and all the things I love about it. But have been afraid to (still trying not to get attached).

It's definitely not new looking inside. But it does have all it's original woodwork (love), a claw foot tub (double love), 7 bedrooms (which probably won't all stay bedrooms). A semi-open staircase. Hardwood floors (that need to be refinished). The craziest half bath I've ever seen (there's a method to the madness of it, but I don't want to go into it now). Counters (I've never had any since I moved out of my parents' house). A 34 year old range that looks brand new (it has to be one of the very first glass top electric ones). Tons of cupboards! Carpet in the kitchen (what is up with people thinking it's a good idea to have carpet in that room?!?). A dining room (which I've always wanted). No electrical outlets in the whole upstairs (weird!). A brand new front porch. A sledding hill. A walk in closet in the master bedroom! A make shift coat closet. Another closet in one of the bedrooms (I *heart* closets). Enough square footage that we won't be on top of each other all the time! And a workshop in the basement. Along with lots more that I'm sure I'm forgetting.

We told our kids about the house but I'm not supposed to get them excited about it yet. It's kind of too late for Xavier. He's busting at the seams just imagining having his own room. Leia, on the other hand, is resistant to the whole idea of moving. She's not the biggest fan of change, she'll come around. Gaius and Shoshannah are fine with whatever. :-D

So there you have it! That's me reigned in! :-) I hope to one day be able to show you pictures. Keep praying!

No comments: