Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Xavier- "I'm thankful for my new DSi"

Leia- "I'm thankful for Kendall coming over"


Gaius- "I'm thankful for pie"

Korleen- "I'm thankful for my church family. I love the fact that everyone has a little something different to bring to the table to help further God's kingdom! Whether it's personality or skill God can use anything! And when everyone comes together, imagine the impact that can have!
"



I hate what the holidays do to my children. I think next year I won't let them make lists or ask for anything in particular (we'll see how that go
es over). It seems like all they're doing is asking for more and more and MORE! Especially my soon to be 8 year old. I just realized how horrible it's getting when we pre-ordered his DSI (which he's been saving for a year to get) and not 5 minutes later he was shopping online for what he wanted next. Of course he got a lecture on thankful for what we have, but I'm not exactly sure how much of it sank in. How do you teach children to be content in this extremely materialistic world?

No comments: