Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Mama Files: Mama is...

...trying very hard not to throw a temper tantrum about her brand new laptop not working. Especially since she's been very careful with it!



I saw the baby today! I guess the placenta was between the baby and the Doppler so my OB couldn't find the heart beat. It looks like a real baby now and it's legs where kicking like crazy! Three weeks until the "big" sono. Which won't be so big since we won't be finding out the sex, but it'll still be fun to see *her* again!

I found a new consignment shop on my way home. I'm not really sure what I think of it. I found some great maternity stuff (a pair of really great jeans NWT for $12, and a Gap dress for $12) and a cute unisex sleeper. But the store smelled funny and it was pretty disorganized so it was really hard to look. But her prices were really cheap (she can't be making much money from things).

I'm trying The Baby Name Wizard (book) to find the "perfect" little girl's name. So far from all the name books I've read, which has been quite a few. They all agree that Marc's favorite girl's name is "so cute, blah, blah, blah". But I still can't get over my reservations about it. I was thinking about what my naming criteria is and it was surprisingly easy to come up with 12 stipulations (FYI the name I have for a boy doesn't fit into ALL of these, AND Marc's criteria isn't necessarily the same as mine).

1. Blends with my other kids' names
2. Fits with our last name
3. Not in the top 100 baby names in the US
4. Not too "out there"
5. Pretty/ Strong (pretty for a girl, strong for a boy)
6. Works for a child or adult
7. Starts with a different letter than my other kids
8. Has a nice meaning ( I guess that omits Jezebel) :-)
9. No common nicknames
10. No weird initials
11. Easy to pronounce (spelled phonetically)
12. No weird spellings

and that's it! See I'm not picky! :-) Please accept my apology if you're sick of hearing about baby names. I'm sick of it too!

No comments: